First time boat builder seeks reading material!

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: Eventide Owners Group, Piskie, chris s

Reptile Smile

First time boat builder seeks reading material!

Post by Reptile Smile »

Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of returning my Eventide back to Bristol, and have some work to do on getting her in shape and enjoying her.

I am, though, rather a 'jonhny-come-lately' to the MG party, and am smitten by not just the boat, but kind of by the whole concept - the whole 'self-build', boats-for-everyman thing. Accordingly, I want to set myself the challenge for the future (but not the too distant future) of self-building. I think the Riptide would suit my needs admirably, though haven't really yet made my mind up about whether to build in wood or steel.

I've never tackled anything like this, though, and it would be great if someone could point me in the right direction of some resources to start me off in understanding the process - books, web resources, anything. I'd really like to start the Dreaming and Planning phase now!

Thanks
Eventide Owners Group

Re: First time boat builder seeks reading material!

Post by Eventide Owners Group »

hello there welcome to the Forum!

whats the name of the Eventide? Is it one we know i wonder and have info on.....

The website has really become the place to go for all things Eventide, www.eventides.org.uk. though there are a few books that can help too, see the books page of the site.

hope for good weather this sumer so the restoration can go smoothly!

If you then go on to build the Riptide would be my favourite!

Regards
john
Eventiders
Web site Coordinator