Height of Riptide

Ask an Expert !
Do you have a question about any aspect of YM designed boats?

Moderators: Eventide Owners Group, Piskie, chris s

clarky

Height of Riptide

Post by clarky »

Hi,

Does anybody know the height of a Riptide,I am trying to get a transport estimate and need to know height to load onto a lorry.Over 10 feet costs more.
Mine is miles away from me unfortunately.
Cheers,
IC
chris s

Re: Height of Riptide

Post by chris s »

While I can't answer your question, I wonder if a little more information may help other people to do so.

Do you want a measurement from the bottom of the keel(s) to the top of the coachroof?

if so that should be easy to calculate from the drawings,

and I know we have a set of Riptide drawings because I gave my never used set to John when the EOG annual cruise came over here to the Netherlands in 2004
clarky

Post by clarky »

Chris,
Thanks for the quick reply,that is the height I want ,ie once its put on the wagon the haulier wants to know how high it will be above the floor of the wagon because if its over 10 feet he has to take a different wagon.

Regards,
Iain
Eventide Owners Group

Post by Eventide Owners Group »

Hang on a jiffy, I will drag out a CD and get the measurement up on the screen for you..

It sounds like you are going to need a CD of drawings too. are you enrolled with us? I do have an Ian Clark, is that you? If so you can mail us for the address to get a CD, if not fill in the enrol with us form button on the left of the home page!

Right have been on to the EOG machine and turned up the drawings.

I measure it at 9 ft 6 inched from keel to top of cabin aft.

however if you have a 18" tall tabernackle, that will take you over the 10ft height....

hope this helps,
Regards,
John
Web site Coordinator
clarky

Post by clarky »

Hi John,

Thanks for the speedy help,yes I am a member I think ,I bought Ramilles fom Syds relatives and have got a very cheap quote to move her by road.I am going to come down and sail her in late March locally on the Crouch where she is as I would like to take advantage of the beautiful area before I take her up north.I was going to sail her all the way but my son has exams this year so bad time to be away.
By the way I have found out there was slight damage to her bow,does anybody know anything about this ,it would help with the repair if I knew.

Regards,
Iain
Fiddler's Green

Post by Fiddler's Green »

Hello Iain,
Sorry to hear there is damage to her... any idea where on the bow and how it happened...? afloat or ashore?

Cannot recall if Ramilles has a tabernackle or not, but suspect pulpit and guard rails will take her up over the 10 ft mark.....

Did you get a CD from us already? I have not looked up the book to see.....

Re shipping by road, have you seen the link on our pages for return loads on lorries? could be to your advantage.

We might still cross wakes with you if you are sailing late April / May time. Hope to be out and about then.

Regards,
John
Proud owner and builder of 'Fiddler's Green'
clarky

Post by clarky »

Hi John,

Re the damage I think it happened afloat ,it was very slight,so I am getting a chap at Brandy Hole to repair it for me.
I am coming down to sail on 21/3/10 for a week, before she is transported back as it seemed a shame not to sail on the east coast when the boat is here,probably the only chance I will get to do this.
No tabernacle but the pulpit will take the height over 10 foot,so I will remove that prior to transport back.

Regards,
Iain
Eventide Owners Group

Post by Eventide Owners Group »

Hello Iain,
Enjoy the sailing, may be a little chilly!

That Sunday the 21st, we are having outr annual meeting at Bradwell, not a million miles away, 12 noon for lunch after wards... Do drop in and join us at the Marina Bar, Bradwell Marina!

Most of us knew Sid quite well!
Regards,
John
Web site Coordinator
clarky

Post by clarky »

Thanks for the invitation ,but I wont arrive until late in the evening.Just having a look through the pilot book ,looks quite an interesting area,hope its not too cold.

Cheers,
Iain
Fiddler's Green

Post by Fiddler's Green »

Hello Iain, sorry to miss you.

Enjoy the sailing, in some of MG's home waters!

Regards,
John
Proud owner and builder of 'Fiddler's Green'